What exactly is a consignment shop?
Retail store that specializes in consignment sales. Although we are talking about buying and selling secondhand product, we are not talking about thrift shops. Sometimes, you will find clothing that still has the tags on it, and some shops carry unique clothing collections. They are not just for buying, these shops can also provide you with a place to display and sell your merchandise – perhaps a clothing collection you are starting and need to test. You can also bring items from your closet that are still in good condition, but you no longer wear to a consignment shop. They will not take all of your items and sell them. The shop will decide what they are willing to sell and for what price. After the sell has been completed, the consignment shop and you will split the profits – sometimes in cash, and sometimes in store credit.Some stores will take the whole pile from you and with your consent, will donate the items they will not tag and sell for you, or do not resell after a period of time. When you shop at consignment stores, one of the good things to which it offer is the ability to find truly unique, quality items at great prices.
Benefits of Consignment Shopping
In a lot of ways, consignment shopping is one of the best options you can choose to save money and time. If you are trying to keep from overspending but don’t want to be stingy to yourself, it’s always a good choice for you to go on consignment shopping and look for the products you’re look for in affordable prices.
Here’s why you should shop at the consignment stores:
- You can save on items on sale and discounted prices
- There are plenty of unique items – from brands not usually sold in Winnipeg to vintage pieces worth $$
- Inventory changes often, so there are more for you to see, choose and buy
- Staff and management commonly offer better than regular retail shopping experience. They remember your name and often what you like and don’t like.
- Recycle & reuse!
- A potential consignor can expect to make between 30 and 40 percent of the eventual selling price.
- Check the rules and policies of each store as most are different.
- Most shops only accept the following season (ie: in late winter they’ll only accept spring items) These are some of benefits which consignment shopping can offer you. It makes it all easy and cost-effective for you. With this, you don’t have to be too strict with yourself and buy something for yourself without having to spend too much.
Check out some of Winnipeg’s consignment shops, and get the personalized service, and shop at The Closet Chick, Plato’s Closet, Vintage Glory, and Second Sensation or shop online for select high end designer fashion at Riche Consignment.